FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:07 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by oliver2002
We are now scrambling to make the payment next week. With the deadline for paying passing, participants are canceling at the same rate as new ones are signing up and we are stuck at aprox 30 seats empty

It is puzzling to only get 180-190 participants in a good economic year when last year we managed 229!

So please spread the word!!!
Well I wouldn't say it's a good economic year as the economy still sucks, but it is perplexing that given the charter is based in the USA that so few of the US (as in country not program) folk have signed up.

I did get one to sign up from the email I sent (non FTer who has now joined), and am hopeful for one more.

But as BristolTraveller suggested, perhaps people could Facebook or twitter folk to this. Or people can continue to spread the word in their respective *Alliance forums or just PM folk they know & let them know it's a fab trip & technically they're only out of the office for 1 day (the Friday)!

I've still seen some posts where people either think it's the entire week or that it's all day Thurs & all day Friday. I know oliver adjusted the first post to reflect that it's just Friday, but I think when they see the entire itinerary there's still some confusion.

Cheers.