FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crew Bags in Overhead - Gate Lice
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2010, 12:41 am
sltlyamusd

Originally Posted by PunishedEdmontonian
If there were ever a reason to be a member of the Gate Lice it was on AS 536 last night.

After going over to the N Terminals only to find out that the Gate changed to D10, we went back over to board the slightly delayed flight to ONT.

Having no status (but thinking of changing from CO Gold), the 3 of us managed to board as early as we could in the rush for Y passengers and proceeded to our seats in Row 25 only to discover that the overheads on our side were completely full with crew bags (they filled part of Row 24 as well). I managed to get my wife's computer bag and my computer bag up into the bin across the aisle right beside the safety equipment that half-filled that bin.
Well I'm sorry that you had to stow your bag in a different row and that your flight was ten minutes late leaving and an entire minute late arriving, but the crew has to put their bags somewhere and it might as well be in the back of the plane as opposed to in the First Class bin space. This SOP on a number of airlines including WN. Maybe the A flight attendant could fit crew bags in the forward coat closet, otherwise I'm not really sure where else they could put them. Aside from this, bin space gets full on full flights even when passengers do observe the carry-on allowance and sizes.