FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA, BA and IB Announce Better Deal for Trans-Atlantic Flyers
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:21 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This much is clear on aa.com baggage charges page:

Attention First and Business Class Customers
We are pleased to offer customers in First and Business Class the ability to check three bags at no charge.

A good start, IMO, but lots missing, as it appears to be a quick insert prior to the existing information.

Until they get their act together at AA, I think there will be significant confusion. It leaves lots of confusion about upgraded pax, how far out the upgrade may be (e.g. if upgraded at the gate, is the pax refunded?), elites' baggage allowances, and even the overweight charges for bags between 50 and 70 lbs are not dealt with yet. This JBV will likely offer some more unforeseen changes and specifics they did not predict when they cobbed it together. Fasten your seat belts...

Originally Posted by AmericanAirlines
Thanks for your questions! Currently getting approved answers, will get back to you shortly
Originally Posted by emma dog
::Sigh:: I guess I'll be the first one to ask what some of your bullets really mean.

-Does this mean I get three bags flying F from TPA-ORD?
-What if I am upgraded?
-What if I am on the waitlist and get upgraded at the gate? Do I get a refund?
-What about elite baggage allowances? Does this change?
-And to make sure, you're saying that a passenger in F (even if domestic) is allowed to send up to 70 lbs for free?