FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEATTLE - Grand or Olive 8 ??
View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 2010, 5:15 am
fireworksboy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Originally Posted by jpdx
The view is much better from the GH. Really not much of a view to speak of from Olive 8, even if you end up on the top floors.

Which hotel to choose is a really tough call; the staff at the GH are great, and I agree with ldsant that some of the folks at the Olive 8 are rather incompetent. Not unfriendly, just incompetent and a bit slow.

Both properties offer suite upgrades to Diamonds (based on availability); at GH, you're likely to get a small suite that essentially is a large corner room; at Olive 8, I've received the presidential suite a couple of times. GH has a lot of suites, and even if they're all sold out, you still have very high odds of getting a regular club room with a great view. There's greater potential of ending up in a normal room at Olive 8.

The club at GH is pretty nice as far as Hyatt clubs go, but the food offering is pretty boring. Breakfast at Olive 8 is very nice, you can have whatever you want, even though the coupon says "one hot entree" or somesuch.
Just fyi - from my experience using a fwn in August at the GH, we received a huge 2 room suite with awesome view to the market/water with a huge bathroom.