FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New First class retrofit info
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2010, 2:01 pm
LHPII

Programs: LH M
Originally Posted by sentom
flying around several vastly different products isn't an option either, from a customers point of view. if they don't want to spend the money on the 744s, fine but then why update the cabin at all when all it takes is maybe new bedding and a mattress!? doesn't take any time, costs the least amount of money and has an instant effect...
LH follows retrofit strategy when it comes to hard products and has never operated several different products at one time except during retrofit phase and ceretain short term stopgap solutions, whereas EK follows linefit strategy which means one product stays untill a ceretain aircraft is retired, SQ does a mix of both.

Originally Posted by hch
And now I won't benefit from reducing the number of C seat as that really drags down my op-up chances which currently are quite high in the 747 :-)

And btw, I really don't mind two different F products for a while - while the A380 product really is much much better than the old seat I don't think it's that bad - at least not for upgraders like me..
Interests of an airline do not always coincide with interests of travellers.

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Correct. And they still do not learn from prior mistakes. Having a F product on some birds and no F on others makes no sense. Remember the old days with the 2-class A346, when you could not rebook a F ticket from FRA-SFO to MUC-SFO for example. Well you could, but they gave you just the "lines of horror" instead of a F product.

Without a real flat business class (including a stabile table rather than a shaking stupid thing) on the entire fleet they should better keep a F product available or they will loose business. Fortunately most of my destinations are served by LX as well. ^
Maybe they did learn from mistake and SFO market will be served either with 3-class product or 2-class product to both MUC and FRA......and who said it will happen..... it is being evaluated!

Originally Posted by hamallu
Are you sure? If you are a LH staff member then you should have a look around at the latest stuff. From what I'm seeing, there's 11 744s scheduled for a F/cl Upgrade and I've not heard of the plan that you're talking of although maybe the word hasn't blown my way yet. Anyway, regarding the 11x744s that I can see, the majority are V-series planes whilst only 1 T-series is listed for the upgrade.
You might be right, but an information I have says:

10 B747 werden in 2011 mit neuer F/Cl ausgerüstet, genauer Umrüstungszeitpunkt noch offen. Für 13 weitere B747 genauso wie für A346 wird geprüft, ob Umrüstung in 2-Klassen-Version sinnvoll. Die 7 SCD-B747 werden definitiv nicht umgerüstet. A330 Neubestellungen werden ohne Quergang ausgeliefert, so wie das bei den meisten anderen Airlines schon status quo ist.

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Thanks for the new info you two!

So much to the so called consistency over the LH fleet when it comes to the hard product
When all 20 B748i's were delivered (in a very short time span) B744 will most probably be used on medium-haul trunk routes such as TLV,CAI.....so not really a need for a top product .........still the aircraft is going to be in phase-out mode!

Last edited by LHPII; Oct 5, 2010 at 2:07 pm