FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEATTLE - Grand or Olive 8 ??
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:02 am
performancefitness

Programs: DL PM '04; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jpdx
The view is much better from the GH. Really not much of a view to speak of from Olive 8, even if you end up on the top floors.

Which hotel to choose is a really tough call; the staff at the GH are great, and I agree with ldsant that some of the folks at the Olive 8 are rather incompetent. Not unfriendly, just incompetent and a bit slow.

Both properties offer suite upgrades to Diamonds (based on availability); at GH, you're likely to get a small suite that essentially is a large corner room; at Olive 8, I've received the presidential suite a couple of times. GH has a lot of suites, and even if they're all sold out, you still have very high odds of getting a regular club room with a great view. There's greater potential of ending up in a normal room at Olive 8.

The club at GH is pretty nice as far as Hyatt clubs go, but the food offering is pretty boring. Breakfast at Olive 8 is very nice, you can have whatever you want, even though the coupon says "one hot entree" or somesuch.
aaahhh!! as usual, the FT'ers pull through with the info!
Thanks jpdx. VERY HELPFUL!!

on a side note, I noticed your two locations. very nice. going to munich for octoberfest? where do you like to stay in Munich? I've only stayed at the airport before the return back to the US...