FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:23 am
dabears

Programs: United Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lkar
Don't forget that significant elements could still be added to the picture. For example, just because Turrialba is in the background doesn't mean that the answer is Turrialba. Tomorrow could bring a picture of the Iruzu crater, such that it's clear that Turrialba is just in the background. Or something else. In fact, I sort of think the fact that Turrialba is in the background and there's still room in the foreground perhaps means something else will be added. In fact, they have 3 more days of stuff to add. If it were just Turrialba, what more would they add? I think we're going to get some added elements of the Iruzu crater.

So I'm kind of thinking right now that it's Iruzu. Especially since the picture of Turrialba that they used for the contest has a caption with the word Iruzu in it. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit.

To summarize: Iruzu is active. The vegetation is clearly from Iruzu crater. The picture of Turrialba is from a shutterstock photo that has the word Iruzu in it.

I'm just guessing like everyone else, and I'll wait for more analysis. But right now that's my instinct.
Excellent argument! This pretty much rules out Turrialba as far as I'm concerned.