FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will Reciprocity Bring Fee-Waived SDC on UA?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 7:37 pm
saaws

Programs: UA 1K / CO PLT
Originally Posted by gawhite411
In addition to meals, service, comfort, performance, professionalism of employees, cleanliness of aircraft, quality of logo and livery, free liquor in lounges, and caliber of passengers.
hmm let's see.

Meals - Yes, I agree that CO is MUCH better.
Service - Really? My experience was that CO has some pretty medicore FAs too. and I was in paid F.
Comfort - JFK-LAX/SFO and SFO/LAX-ORD/IAD have a few international business/first class lie flats. JFK-LAX/SFO are always guaranteed. SFO/LAX-EWR on CO are not. I will admit that for EWR-HNL CO wins by miles though.
performance - not sure.
professionalism - refer to service.
cleanliness - yeah UA was pretty bad but got much better recently.
quality of logo - yes in the US. in other parts of the world, not. Guess why Smisek chose the name 'United'.
free liquor - yeah I give you on this one.
caliber of passengers - you're joking right? SFO-LAX/JFK have presidents of universities and corporations and movie stars (:P) flying in an internationally configured relax-guaranteed seats. Well, I guess LAX-EWR on CO offers that, sporadically. Am sure CO has lots of presidents and movie stars flying them too. So probably wash?

The op said 'one of the few' and I understand you were upset. They're both great airlines. I just hate someone bashing my favorite airline.

Last edited by saaws; Oct 4, 2010 at 7:46 pm