FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How REAL law enforcement professionals view the TSA
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:23 pm
TNGALINFLORIDA

Programs: DL, US Air, AA, HH Diamond
My father has been an LEO for 35 years. He's currently the Chief of Police for a police department in TN. Let's just say the words that came out of his mouth about TSA and their shennanigans when we went to Indy last month, aren't appropriate for me to re-type here!

This is my favorite quote so far:

A badge is earned, through long nights of pepsi, redbull, and coffee combined... then taking an exam the next day.... after you hopefully pass... break for lunch and go run a mile and 1/2 a fun 4 hours of physical fun packed activity. This can last for 4 to 6 months then its not over. You come back home and train some more, test some more, and job still on the line.. When that probation is over.. You don't even want to see your badge..lol... A badge is earned through sweat, sleepless nights, etc. When you get a badge after a few days of training and want to be considered LEO.. it aint going to happen.. its actually kind of an insult.. Your a Federal Employee not a Federal LEO..