FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:12 am
flying_q

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by beachfan
I'm finishing up on the last night of a four night stay and I'm very, very happy with my treatment.

It was not easy to get the upgrade I wanted (to a larger room, not just deluxe (i.e. view room), but my inquiry on how much it would cost to upgrade to a junior suite produced a complimentary upgrade to a business deluxe, very nice large room.

Well furnished, great condition, the lounge is superb! Breakfast and evening snacks, 24 hour beverage (including beer). Internet is very expensive (35 CSH), wish I know about the lobby access earlier (I asked about wifi, should have asked more broadly).

Service (concierge, front desk, etc.) very good except one afternoon they didn't heed the do not disturb sign and disturbed my wife.

Location is awesome, two minutes from the 11/14 tram (go out the second floor, left to the corner, cross the street, see and climb the stairs or better yet, take the lift). Literally 9 minutes today to downtown door to door.

I will return (and I'm a SPG platinum, but in this town, I think Marriott rules).

PS My delight is somehow enhanced by the booking pre point increase. Otherwise four nights would hurt, and it's not a five night town.
Is the alcohol in the lounge complimentary, or honor bar (been spending a lot of time in APAC Marriotts, so I've been spoiled recently).