FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2010, 7:23 am
Barefootdr

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Originally Posted by jhm
I just checked in here for 2 nights.

I took the subway - the hotel was well signposted from Honmachi station exit 7 (up the escalator to street level; turn right and then the entrance is to the right around the corner of the building).

They checked me in and nothing was said at all about SPG or platinum benefits. I had to ask whether my number was in the booking - the girl went away to check and came back to confirm that it was. I then asked about benefits ? Only then did she mention:

* a choice of 500 points or US$5 (!) or a drink or a bookmark
* free breakfast
* free Internet

I thought I'd double check about the following:

and I just phoned up to ask whether there's a complimentary mini-bar ? I was told no - the complimentary breakfast is instead of the complimentary mini-bar.

I booked a grande deluxe room and that's exactly what I got (although I think the hotel is full today - there was no availability on spg.com when I checked last week).
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Let us give them a chance to get going. I will get them on the right track if necessary in a couple weeks.
jhm...domo arigato for the first in-field reports on St R Osaka for Plats & arrival by subway info- all very helpful.

RTW...Seems like you will have everything ready and in place for us by the time we arrive there in December