FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An idea: Make Free Internet for Plats Optional
Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:04 pm
Flying Lawyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Z-man
It's nice that SPG gives us PLAT's free internet, but I can't help to look at the bill every morning and think to myself that I now get a few less points and the company really benefits way more than I do since they pay the bill!!! Maybe there should be an option for PLAT's to select free internet or an ADDITIONAL 500 bonus points and give free internet on all weekend stays and points stays? The only stays I pay for personally are point stays and weekend stays so let's improve those benefits a lot more and cut back on weekday benefits unless the goal is to get companies to add SPG as their preferred travel hotels.....
If you were working for me, your last day in the office would be soon. If "the company" is paying for your stay (and you admitted that you rarely pay for your stays out of your own pocket) then I expect that you use all benefits possible to bring the bill down. Chosing more points to give you more free stays (I as a company pay for because points is simply a different word for the "discount" I should get) would not be my intention at all.

And more: I am pretty sure your department has a travel budget. Every Euro can only be spend once. And a Euro spend on internet (to help you getting more points) might be missing elsewhere.