FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An idea: Make Free Internet for Plats Optional
Old Oct 3, 2010, 9:55 pm
Medved

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I rarely refer to the company I work for as they rather than we. So the way I see it, we have a travel budget that should suffice in order to meet our goals for the year. The more wisely we use that budget, the more we can squeeze out of it towards our goals. So assume that this benefit saves us $20/day in internet charges. Let's assume that a room costs us $160/night. That means that before we were able to spend 8 nights in customer locations trying to meet our goals and now we can spend 9 nights in customer locations trying to meet our goals and will have a better chance of meeting those goals. Now not every company considers employees as part of the team. But I'd rather work for a company that does. And I'd prefer to have employees and colleagues who feel the same. I wouldn't fire you. I'd try to educate you first.
Good point. See it the same way! ^