FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG survey - new benefits in the works?
View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2010, 4:58 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by CCFlyer17
Thought it was worth sharing that I was asked to participate by SPG in a survey (for which I would receive 500 points, of course I did it). The subject of the survey was clearly concerning various aspects of hotel lifetime status programs, and seemed to be comparing various aspects of a hypothetical SPG program versus other hotel chains. Questions related to how many night until a lifetime status was reached, whether the counting of nights for lifetime status would be going forward only or would reach back for a period oft time what benefits lifetime status might confer, and what additional benefits might be awarded upon reaching lifetime status. All in all, very interesting, and hopefully a prelude to what would be a very welcome announcement.
Interesting post.Thanks for sharing
It could be a brilliant move to insure a lot of business in a market where many of the heavy spenders bounce from program to program in search of the next best promotion and many simply seeking best rate/overall value.

I know I speak for myself/many how well this approach can work
I am just approaching the 4 million miles mark in the American Advantage program (still a small fry out there)
American cemented the lions share of all my business and took me away from United/Star Alliance.
United made it harder to reach life time status and American simply thought smarter IMO.

If SPG could execute this well this could be a huge driver for those that want to remain with SPG to obtain their new life sentence elite cards down the road
Sorry I just had to throw that in