FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG survey - new benefits in the works?
View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:46 pm
HookemHorns

Sounds like I was in the minority of recipients who got the "lifetime status" version. The rest of my questions seemed the same as the other version (eg: health club access, breakfast, airline lounge access, guaranteed suite upgrades, ability to earn or redeem points at other chains, etc, etc). Even the fresh vegetable question! FWIW, my survey also focused on "nights" and not "stays". Nothing, however, focused on what lifetime tier would be granted...if it is gold, that's not worth much (I honestly can't say I've ever seen any benefit of being gold). Plat may be worth something.

I generally qualify on nights, and I have to admit that if my status were diluted by creation of a "supertier", I would have to seriously consider cashing out to another chain...probably RC/Marriott now that RC finally admitted they need a loyalty program (this AFTER I spent six figures with them!) . SPG platinum benefits have been spotty at best for me (30% on upgrades, denied the few times I wanted 4pm checkout, and weak domestic lounge offerings). But, the points rack up fast, and the ability to transfer them to an airline is very useful to me.

I think 500 points was a bit weak for the length of the survey, but I'm glad that SPG is asking my input. Hopefully this ends up going in a good direction.