FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO --> Folsom Street Fair Weekend 9/23-27 DO/Gayla - now confirmed with some events
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:43 am
bigguyinpasadena

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
It has been my experience that it all has to do with a core group who WANTS the event to be a success and is willing to work towards that goal.Just like a good party a Comander needs his Wingman(or Wingwomen)to make sure folks get introduced and involved.

A succesfull event also need a leader who,while strong willed enough to set out a general outline of an event(while listening for GOOD advice from the hopeful attendees)and sticks to that plan-a plan which includes a reasonable amount of consideration towards having a INCLUSIVE good time for all involved.Also if only a small group shows interest in the venue/event you are suggesting so be it. Not every event has to be a mega do.Attraction rather than promotion is often the best course in these matters.

I have been fortunate to be surrounded by good,caring and interesting Flyertalkers both Gay and Straight.I have enjoyed both Gay and Straight get togethers. You will get out of these events what you put into it-just like life.

I look forward to many more Flyertalk get togethers in the future.