FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expense report app for Android
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:37 pm
Helena Handbaskets

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Expense report app for Android

For a long time I've been looking for a business travel expense tracking app for my Android phone. There are a lot of expense apps, but until now, none that had all of these features:

1) Easy data entry - minimum taps or gestures so the expense can be recorded with one hand while gathering a fast food meal in an airport and running to make a connection, or while pulling out of a highway toll booth, etc.

2) Multiple currencies in a single trip - so I can buy a meal in dollars, land in London and buy a train ticket in pounds and then pay a Paris taxi driver in euros.

3) Mileage entries for miles driven in my own car, recorded in miles (or km) rather than in dollars, euros, etc.

4) Export to Excel for conforming to a company report format as well as for converting currencies and miles into dollars.

A bonus feature is the ability to use a calculator to determine entry amounts, which is occasionally quite handy.

As I said, so far I have not been able to find these features in a single app, but today I got an email from the developers of Hello Expense, notifying me that all of the features I had requested back in January or February have been implemented. On top of that, the app is free! But there's a button for making a donation, and if you find this app as useful as I do, I hope you'll consider a donation to support the developer.

Here's the web site for Hello Expense.

For the record, I have no affiliation whatsoever with the developer.