FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems and Issues with SkyMiles Award Availability Calendar: The Definitive Thread
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:33 pm
USAF_Pride

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Quick answer to get the rewards calendar to show more accurately is to tick it forward one month and then back to the month you want. If you have any sort of status, call in to the line and tell them you are trying to book tickets and that you picked x flights for 25k miles, but when you get to the checkout page it ups it to 125k miles. YMMV on that call tho. Delta IT won't be any help in this situation as they are the ones who could fix it, but have not done it yet.

Although the quote below is something new that we haven't heard yet and is quite troubling (bolding mine).

Originally Posted by mikeef
<snip>

I repeated the information to Buster, who also repeated that the calendar was just there to "assist" me. I told him that it wasn't really assisting me if it told me the wrong amount. Yes, he admitted, the calendar was sometimes wrong, but it was just there to assist me and could be wrong. I asked Buster why they didn't fix the calendar or at least make the wording more clear that "assist" means "could provide inaccurate information for the one task it was set up to fulfill." Buster, now talking to me as if I am the world's biggest moron, told me that they are trying to get the calendar removed. I asked why they didn't just get the calendar fixed instead of removing it. Buster informed me that it wasn't his job and IT wasn't taking care of it. Then, Buster and I parted ways.