FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]
Old Sep 29, 2010, 3:56 am
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by silam
I usually stay at the Westin Grand. I stayed once at City Center and found it a little run down looking, and a less desirable location. I have a stay booked at the W next week. Is it worth exploring the Fairfax compared to the Westin Grand? The Westin Grand has never upgraded me to a suite (I understand they have very few), but at least their gym is adequate.

What is the gym like at the Fairfax? Do they have weights and items other than treadmills? I'm here for business so I mainly care about gym, the room for when I'm working in the evenings, and where I can walk to for grabbing dinner (or the hotel restaurant if its any good).
Did you read my review above? The gym is small compared to either Westin Workout. The Fairfax is located on Dupont Circle, so there are plenty of restaurants withing a 5 minute walking radius of the hotel. The Fairfax is a 10 min walk (at most) from the Westin Grand. So from M Street to Dupont Circle you have plenty of choices.

I suggest checking out this thread as well

Washington D.C. which hotel? 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Last edited by KENNECTED; Sep 29, 2010 at 4:02 am