FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:37 pm
InkUnderNails

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Now at BNA.

Long lines at the WN AA side, terminal C, so I went around to the Terminal A/B side and there they were. It may be why everyone seemed to be in the Terminal C lines. I was stuck in line and was directed to the machine. A barker was barking about removing everything and since I was getting TSA massage I just left them, including the belt.

I walked through the WTMD with no alarm and was directed to the salon for my massage. I said that I wanted to keep and eye on my stuff and moved to where I could see the belt and refused to budge until my stuff came through. Wouldn't you know, my carry on got pulled for a secondary.

So, I had one looking in my bag, one patting me down, and one more just standing around waiting for the gloves to run the chem test on. All in all quick and painless.

One mystery: I walked through the WTMD with no alarm and he insisted that I take the non-alarming belt off. I said why as it did not alarm. He said he had to check it. I said it is a web belt that you can see through. He insisted, as I thought he might. So I took off the belt and he proceeded to do a most ridiculous check of a light web belt.

Note for the next time: Use the C side even when flying out of terminal A/B. There are two of the machines so far, both over on the A/B side even though the two sides are connected in one big area.