FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Equinox Fitness Benefit [All cards, consolidated]
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:08 am
dkelly1110

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Rock72
Hi all,

I am thinking of getting an AMEX Platinum card (they sent me a pre-approval that expires in 2 weeks). I'm not really sure I want it though but I already have membership at Equinox and if I can get some benefits from AMEX, it might be worth it.

However, I pay a special rate at Equinox through my triathlon club (it saves a little bit each month and I didn't pay an initiation fee). It's about $15 less than the normal amount.

If I start charging my monthly fees to an AMEX platinum, does anyone know if I'll get any benefits? I spoke to the person at the gym but she didn't think so. She said that I would have to convert to the higher priced fee + pay initiation fee, etc. But she didn't really seem to know the rules anyway (I had to tell her about AMEX, etc.).

Or is the benefit completely separate from Equinox and AMEX? Meaning I just change my credit card on file at Equinox to AMEX Platinum, I call the AMEX Platinum concierge desk, and they send me vouchers via mail?

Thanks!

Rock

The membership folks should have the info about the benefits when paying with a Platinum card. I am not sure how that would work with your existing discount, but I would be surprised if they were able to be combined.