FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware bogus charges from Hertz TLV (Kesher Rent a Car)
Old Sep 26, 2010, 2:16 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pmetter
I rented a car in Israel in September 2010. I was told that if I used the toll road H6 Hertz adds a $5 handling fee.
Three weeks later my Amex now shows a $27 charge for the small stretch I drove on H6. Based on Internet information including the maximum mark up plus Hertz's $5 handling charge, the $27 is more than double what I should have been charged.
Amex is crediting my account for 1/2 this amount ($13/50) "because you are a great client". This does not make me feel any happier about the overcharge from Kesher.
Beware!
did you pick the car up or drop it off at the airport? doing either 1 or both mandates a $27 airport tax, if you did it was it on your bill when you returned the car or picked it up, sometimes it will be omitted and then they will bill you separately for it

for others teh handling fee is a per month fee = drive on H6 say 9/30 and return on 10/1 you will be hit twice since 2 different months are involved so I was told. also most companies charge upwards on $15 just for the handling fee