FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Cabin Crew Off-Duty
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:16 am
Miles Hunter

Programs: *A Senator; FB Gold ;-), BA Bronze ;-( More other plastic than I can carry!
Just did a qiuck return to Nassau and happened to have the same crew on their return as on the way out. They had had a nice layover and told stories about it. Sounds like they enjoyed it. Treated us like old friends. I can't imagine any misbehaving or they wouldn't have been so rested and relaxed. Most off duty BA staff I have met are both fun and well behaved. When I got stuck due to the volcano we where put in a Hotel that gets a lot of crew accomadation. The crew members all jumped in to help and the Hotel staff all said that BA crews are great guests. So let the man complain.

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Yes. But not at the same rates as regular guests. Hence why most Hotel chains do not offer any recognition of hotel frequent stay programs when we stay as crew. Most don't offer points from the scheme for the room rate, although will for incidentals.

However, we are quite often "second class" guests... Some hotels put us in the oldest most tired rooms. Although there are certain requirements that hotels which have a contract to provide crew accommodation agree to when they take the contract, these often go out of the window after a few months. Things like we should not be in ground floor rooms, should not be next to lifts/cleaning store rooms etc...

But hey, we are airline crew and most hotels don't actually want us there, they only want the guaranteed room occupancy...