FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Guangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 25, 2010, 5:24 am
kats

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Currently staying at the hotel. Yes, the construction is still going on all around the hotel. Having read posts above, I did not expect much from this property. I had a room on the same floor as the club lounge on the 20th floor. The size of the room is average, but I like the room decor. The shower room with a small bathtub is right behind the bed and you can actually walk around it.

I have no complaint about the services being offered at the club lounge during cocktail hours. The food is not as good as Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, but still much better than most Hyatts. I would say it is average in Asia. The drink selection is quite wide. They have everything I want at least. I also like the hotel staffs calling me by name.

I took a taxi from the airport to the hotel and it cost me 120 yuan for the meter + 15 yuan for highway. A hotel staff has just told me it could take 2 hours to reach the airport in the morning.