FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Automatic Upgrades (elite) [MASTER THREAD]
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:59 am
Robertsonland

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Thanks for your replies and I do know about email and work in the IT industry as well. I know it's not spam filtering as I've written my own spam filter for my domain. I store a copy of every email I receive before I filter and I whitelist US Airways anyway. The email did not come. However when I looked in my DM account that guy who got upgraded was actually me. I got the seat that was taken but no email came to tell me I was upgraded. Now if I'm not getting an email I'd definitely rather be upgraded and not get the email of course.

I get the emails every other week just this week I didn't. What also might be a nice thing to avoid the email hassle is some communication system within the DM account that tells you it, ran but guess what you didn't get it. Just something that updates you to let you know it did run and this was the outcome. Now of course with the US Airways IT team this won't happen but would be more reliable than email. Though really they should be pretty solid now on their email thing as I've been getting the upgrade notices for quite some time and haven't changed my email address so I assume when I don't get it, something failed on their back end as I still get the 1000 or so spam emails sent to my box every day just fine.....

Lance