FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Automatic Upgrades (elite) [MASTER THREAD]
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:24 am
TiredOfTooMuchTravel
Suspended

Originally Posted by honeytoes
And as long as people keep calling in and getting manually upgraded, the auto-upgrade system will never work correctly. In your case with 2 "O" seats available, there's no way to tell if they were open when the auto-upgrade was last run unless you know exactly when those seats became available and when the last run was made. How do you know that your were one of the top 2 in line to get an upgrade? Did you skip over another silver, or even gold/plat/chairmans who should have gotten that upgrade the next time the process ran?

While getting emails every time would be nice, the big thing is making sure the auto-upgrade process is accurate every time. The more people bypass it, the less accurate it will be. So more people will bypass it, making it even less accurate.

Jim
Yeah. ^

Maybe other silvers had more miles and should have been in front of YOU. I'd be cheesed if a silver got the UG before I did (assuming similar fare classes purchased).

Can't y'all leave well enough alone? If my UG doesn't come through, I don't get spastic and call about it. These UGs are not guaranteed - especially not as a silver - and when I get one, I am happy about it. If not, then it is my fault for not buying F or using miles to get into F.[/QUOTE]

^^^