FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gate agent confiscated my Biz class BP at MSP
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:08 am
sethb
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Thanks for explaining, but I must be really dense today. I still don't really see the connection between my being seated in a seat I'm issued a boarding pass for by the airline and "stolen goods".
The seat had been purchased by OP and taken from him without his consent, hence it's similar to "stolen goods" (closer to "stolen services").

In this case, there's really been no crime. At the end of the day, we're talking about a complimentary upgrade benefit that the airline extends to it's frequent flyers.
In this particular case, the upgrade was purchased (with miles, but those have value: the airline sells them).

As I said, If I'm siting in a seat and someone else believes it's their seat, there's no reason to skulk around sneaking pictures of me.
Are you on the same thread I am? On the one I'm reading, the GA took the seat (boarding pass) from OP. Since OP was deprived of a service paid for it is quite reasonable to document all the circumstances to the greatest degree possible.