FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tonight's flight: An annoying UAGS member & a vibrator...
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:15 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Both airlines have their good and bad points just like everything else in this imperfect world we live in.....and although I've been a Plat Elite with CO for many years, I go way back with UA as well. I was born and raised in California and have flown UA extensively. I've had some truly wonderful flights up in the Friendly Skies. For example, my first flights on the 747-400 and 777 were with UA in F - and the service was great. Plus, one of my best and oldest friends is currently a 757/767 Captain with UA. Like CO, UA has a proud (and colorful) history.

Folks, I think what we all need to do here is step back, take a deep breath and then let the combined management of the "new UA" show us what they can do. It should be obvious to all that the airline business can be and is extremely difficult. As Bob Crandall said awhile back, he would never invest in an airline. I think his comment speaks volumes. So let's give this merger a chance as I think it was inevitable. I just glad that UA and CO chose one another instead of other possible combinations.