FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tonight's flight: An annoying UAGS member & a vibrator...
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:01 pm
ConciergeMike
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by tfvaida
Wow, what a great summary - ...

As a business owner and operator I know my lifeblood is making my customers believe (by being the best) that choosing another company will be painful and difficult, not just trying to bribe them... otherwise I'm in a commodity business where margins are low and customers move around alot. So airlines are becoming like cell phone operators, they try to find ways to sucker you in the door (subsidized phones), and then force you to stay. I prefer actually running my business in a way that makes my customers happy to work with me, rather than afraid of the cost to leave.
Thank you for your kind words, sir. Much kudos to you for your philosophy, as it is clear that your head is screwed on, as opposed to UA's.