FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tonight's flight: An annoying UAGS member & a vibrator...
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:37 pm
ConciergeMike
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by channa
...and they had no backup IFE, that'd be a pretty big drag.
Not unlike a Russian taking a dump, I never board a flight without a plan. I always have entertainment available in case of failure or delay. Exercising some personal responsibility does wonders.

...But a broken reading light on an evening flight when a harried business traveller with little downtime had intended on reading some documents for work and being productive is impacting.
Again, personal responsibility. There are those little mini-lights that can sit on one's finger and work just fine. Technology has evolved to the point that backup plans for certain situations can be accounted for with the use little to no space, weight, or cost...just some thinking. By no means am I advocating carrying around a spare jet engine in case your plane breaks. Simple, easy stuff for problems that have a reasonable likelihood of happening.

...The item itself may seem trivial. It's the impact that's worth considering. Besides, it's simple fairness. Having to sit for hours without part of what you paid for isn't right.
I can't find fault with this thought, but I do find fault with unreasonable reliance on things that the individual has no control over.