FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gate agent confiscated my Biz class BP at MSP
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:35 am
weezl

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Gate agent confiscated my Biz class BP at MSP

I was one of the last to board at MSP when my BP was taken by the GA and I was told "they" gave away my seat. No explanation given. In a rush, a BP for a middle seat in the rear of the plane was printed and I was told to just get on the plane. GA gave only his 1st name. When she heard this, a 2nd GA turned her ID badge backwards and refused to give me any identifying info at all. (I was upset but not one of those loud, angry complainers)

I later sent an email to DL and received a canned email response quoting rules of complimentary UG's, etc. I wrote back to clarify the correct situation: The RT upgrade was confirmed the day before the flight using 25K miles. The BP was in hand with a confirmed seat. The 2nd email reply said to call CS at the # "on the back of your card".

Called CS and (after 3 attempts to get an agent) was offered $100 e-cert.

Asked to escalate and was told "we do not escalate"; asked for something elase and they said "we do not do that"; asked for explanation of the irregular op at MSP and they said "we do not do that".

At least I did not get relegated to the "black phones"

I am only Silver, so maybe that is why the poor treatment/compensation? Over at UA, it is a very different story: IFE doesn't work? Here's $200. Trouble at the gate? Here's 20% off.