FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you show your kids where they have travelled?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 5:21 am
livious

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by 6rugrats
I am surprised your children are still willing to be walking advertisements for places they have visited .
Well, I guess we have not given them much chance. It all started when Grandma gave them a patch and told them it should go on their backpacks. Being only 5, they still think it is great.

Get a big world map, hang it up on their bedroom wall, or family room, and mark where they've been with pins or stickers.
The big world map would be my next choice. However, we have delayed it as we will be moving to Sweden soon and want to see what we have for wall space (and so we do not damage it when moving). The only problem is that both children have not always been to the same place, so we start to need lots of pins and preferrably in 2 colors. A minor inconvenience, but maybe the next points are where I should consider...

Or, sign them up on tripadvisor and let them mark their own travel maps.
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
GLOBE
We have a globe and would prefer not to deface it by marking where they have been. Maybe an interactive map on the computer would be good. Can anyone recommend a more user/kid-friendly (or downloadable) map? Anything with a login and password is already too much for them, and I would prefer to keep them off the internet and something I can run locally on my computer.

At least we have not gravitated towards patches/bumperstickers/useless souveniers^!