FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Redemption Help: DC redemption : need help checking availability for....
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2010, 2:14 am
DawsonUK

Programs: Flying Blue & Star Alliance
Florida 2011

Hi, I have 125,807 points on my BMI Star Alliance account and was hoping to use them up before the M&M merger. I have a great amount of flexibility and aware that I may need to purchase some points to achieve what I want to.

I am hoping to take the missus over to Florida next year, Orlando, Tampa or Miami, it really doesn't matter too much the airport as we will end up driving to different places. Looking to fly from Scotland, any airport, in the earlier part of the year Apr-Jun for about 14 days. We would like to book business class (if thats possible) but I have tried the ANA tool and am just getting confused. I am unsure what points I would need for this purchase, BMI and Continental show different values for bookings. I don't want to go and buy some miles, then find I still haven't got enough. All the miles are on my family account.

Is anyone aware of the best route to achieve this trip, and the potential costs involved over and above the miles (which I thought were zone 3 @ 45000 each x 1.5 = 135,000) I would then purchase miles before the end of October to get the 20% uplift. If needed I could always fly to either London or Manchester, as they have more frequent flights to Florida.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or guidance.