FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Guangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 19, 2010, 5:55 pm
jbalmuth

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BKKROP
On first read of your tour, they sounded extremely cheap, far too cheap, not to have been a typo error. I would say that the 2pax private should have been at least four times the coach fare, somewhere around the 1320 mark, maybe it was 1165 or 1665. These types of errors are not completely unknown in countries where English is not the first language, and even in countries where English is used in the tourist industry, the ability to write it is very rare. I cope with Chinese and Thai verbally, but I make some horrific mistakes when I try to write
I don't disagree at all regarding the price level for a private tour....but I don't understand why this "offer" has been up on their e-Concierge site for quite a while now, and remains there today. Given that this really has to be the most computer literate/savvy place on earth.....I'm not easily comprehending that this is a simple website issue. We expressed a willingness to pay a revised price, but on arrival the concierge stated that a private tour is simply not being offered.... It was for this reason that I question their motives, and wonder if any other FT traveller has had recent doings with the concierge here.