FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Guangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:25 am
jbalmuth

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
e-Concierge issue

Checked in this evening, using a suite upgrade (and agree all the descriptive Suite comments above). Problem is with an activity that is being offered on the e-Concierge site that apparently does not exist in real life. The activity (per the site this evening, the same as when I requested it, and received confirmation, ten days ago):

Guangzhou Day Tour
Itinerary: 09:00am pick up, proceed to the YueXiu Park where you can see how the local people do morning exercise. Visit the symbol of Guangzhou--“The Five Rams Statue”. Then visit the Nanyue Kingdom Tomb Museum and thousand-year-old Six Banyan Temple. And then visit the Ceramic exhibition center. After lunch, visit the Chen Clan Academy which is named the pearl of Architecture of South China, then visit Hualin Temple which has a splendid worship hall with 500 golden Buddhist saints inside. The last enjoy the Lingnan culture on the Shangxiajiu pedestrian street before returning back..
Seat in coach(Lunch inclusive) RMB 330.00
2 Pax priviate(Lunch inclusive) RMB 165.00

My wife and I requested the 2 Pax private tour, and received an email confirmation of the activity. The same day I also received an email from the concierge's desk asserting that the rate of RMB 165 no longer existed and that the current cost would be RMB 330 per person. The plot thickened this evening when checking in ---- the concierge desk now asserts not only that the price is double (or quarduple) the confirmed rate, but that there are no longer any private tours being offered (for 2 Pax or any other group size), only seats on a coach.

I've stayed in the last few weeks at both the Beijing Grand Hyatt and Beijing Park Hyatt, and have had several earlier stays at both the Hong Kong Grand Hyatt and the Shatin HR, but this is my first visit to the Guangzhou location. The registration adn welcome this evening in the Grand Club was warm, helpful, and efficient --- but this e-Concierge issue is really quite annoying, and quite at odds with the service we've received at the other China Hyatt locations.

I'm wondering whether anyone has had any recent experience with the concierge here, and perhaps any insight into what might be the cause of the e-Concierge issue here. I have enough Hyatt experience to not be surprised by run-of-the-mill website issues, but Guangzhou is very frankly not where I'd be expecting IT glitches to be routinely occurring and then go unresolved. TIA for any insights!