FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Astir Palace Complex, Athens, Greece (Luxury Collection & Westin)[Master Thread]
Old Sep 17, 2010, 9:50 am
bichoo

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold
Just got back from a 3 night stay at the Westin. Let me just say that this is one of the best starwood properties I have seen for the price I paid (Cash & Points @ $90/night). As a Platinum, I was upgraded to a HUGE suite. It was our honeymoon so they did the whole with the roses on the bed which my wife loved,chocolates, strawberries, and sparkling french wine, which in the menu lists for 110 EUR!!! Some interesting rooms features I have not seen were automatic curtains, a steam room, and a dual shower area. The grounds are nice. The pool is massive and the small beach is great for people who can't swim well since its shallow with no waves and also great for kids. My favorite was diving the wall into the ocean below.
We had breakfast once in the morning that was really nice, really expensive but amazing! We never had dinner and instead went into town. Note that the walk is a good 25 minutes at least so grab a cab!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone..especially to anyone using points!