FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I sandwich a MR in between two other MRs?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:28 am
tedward

Programs: AA PLT/2MM/lifetime Admirals Club, UA lifetime United Club, DL lifetime Sky Club, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bob1952
When does original routing credit kick in?

For example if you do:

STL-SFO-LAX-SFO-STL

And STL-SFO is delayed.

can you do STL-SFO-STL and get original routing credit aka can you make it an involuntary routing change seeing as the first segment was delayed?
One time I asked for, and got, a few-hundred-mile RDM credit for VDB'ing. I didn't ask them for EQMs because I didn't need them at the time. And a) it was only after pestering them, b) it was only a few hundred miles' credit, and c) I was a high(er) revenue passenger that year than I am, now. So who knows if that might happen again.

For me, given that I'm flying out of a tiny outpost of an airport for AA, there is no possible way for them to shorten either of my two trips any more than they already are. Should anything happen to my routing, I have nowhere to go but up. For you, I would make nice with the GA, possibly explain the situation, and hope s/he keeps your routing to avoid having to go the Customer Service route.