FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Sep 12, 2010, 8:46 pm
johnep1

Originally Posted by Mahalo
I applied for this card and got the rejection that this is for "first time" applicants. Are you stating that I would've receive the credit card had I canceled my AA Visa about 15 - 18 months ago as a way around the "first time" applicant? I've had an AA credit card in some form or fashion probably for well over 7 years now.
I used to churn the AA cards a lot, but the last AA card I've had was obtained about a year ago. I only canceled it about 4 or 5 months ago.

I was able to get both the AMEX and the Visa (100k deals) through the links in this thread. Neither application received an instant decision. Also, when I called "to get an instant decision" I was told my application needed to get reviewed (I thought that was why I was calling). About two weeks later I received emails stating that Citi had lowered the credit on one of my other accounts in order to make room for both the AMEX and the Visa. The AMEX had a statement close date that was only a day or two after I received the card (and before I even made a charge on it), but the first batch of bonus miles posted for the Visa.