FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ID questioned
Thread: ID questioned
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:50 am
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SATTSO
Actually, I think I can - but why bother? On this site unless the critics agree with your answer then the claim is made you haven't answered at all. And we all know that very few here agree with why TSA does things - so explain to me why I should bother we I could safely bet all my money that my answer will not be liked, thus I will be told I haven't answered? If you can do that, I'll answer.
I think an argument can be made that name checking against watch list when a person buys a ticket may have some value. However, I personally believe that no one should ever be placed on any such list without a court order and with due process being followed giving the person the ability to challenge that decision.

As far as TDC inspecting ID they have no references immediately available to know if a given name is on any list so the act of comparing the name on an ID to a Boarding Pass has little or nothing to do with aviation safety. Other law enforcement activities may be going on but I don't think those activities are part of TSA's charter.