FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Sep 7, 2010, 1:23 pm
SirFlysALot

Programs: AA Plat UA Premier
Last Thursday. TPA at terminal F.

There was a short line and they were alternating WTMD and NOS. When I walked up he pointed me to the NOS. I plainly said "I opt out!" Ok. Stand over there and and take everything out of your pockets. Now walk through. "I said I opted out!" Now he is angry with me. Why!? "Because I don't need any more xrays.

He calls for a male opt out still with a bad attitude. I did not need to walk through the WTMD. A male TSA agent walks up and asks me to follow him. "Can you grab my laptop and bag? Sure just point them out and don't touch them. He grabs my goodies and we walk over to the screening area.

He does a thorough job on my back side and is about to work on my front. "It looks like your life has taken a turn for the worse!" What do you mean?
"Well you now have to feel up ugly old guys for a living." It is for your safety.

He works on the front and starts on my privates. "Have you found any squeak toys yet?" What? "You know those little toys that you get for your dog! Have you found any yet?" He has a big grin and says he hasn't found any yet. "Well keep your eyes out for them. They will be coming!" When I was done I collected my things and was on my way.

In other news at the elite line in ORD terminal 3 yesterday, 7 out of 10 passengers opted out. Since there was no real line it did not slow things up. It would seem if everybody opted out it would bring commercial aviation to a stand still.