FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:38 am
TimMeineke

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Just returned from a two night stay the Saturday and Sunday nights of Labor Day, one of which was a FWN. Was "upgraded" to a 19th floor "deluxe" room, with two double beds (was travelling with Mrs Meineke & 5 yr old Tim Jr). Overall this is a very nice hotel, but for the cost, I prefer the W. Some highlights:
- the butler brought us a cord to plug my wife's Iphone into the sound system. Not the best sound, but to a Luddite like me it seemed pretty cool. Apparently a lot of people must take the cord because they reminded us several times that there was a $25 charge if not returned
- the gym was very nice, but of course Tim Jr was not allowed in there (can't they open up the yoga room or something for kids to play in?)
- we went to breakfast at the hotel restaurant. It was good but not great
- self-serve coffee (and to me this is more important than free) just outside the restaurant, with 2%, half and half, skim & soy milk was a nice touch
- the pool is good for laps. On Sunday afternoon it was packed with kids, on Monday morning we had the place to ourselves
- the men's area of the spa is very nice - a great jacuzzi, steam room and sauna
- we parked at the Jessie Square garage half a block up on 3rd for $25 a night
- I highly recommend the Grove, a casual (counter service & they give you a number) restaurant with delicious food right across the street. I think they are open from 7am to 11pm. Only 3.5 stars on yelp but I really enjoyed it