FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Organized resistance to WBI/invasive patdowns
Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:03 am
mozgytog

Originally Posted by doober
Great sites!

Something that occurred to me: we don't want to lead people to believe that they have to use the words "opt out" - that they can say "no" or "no, thank you."
Some of them will insist that unless you actually say 'I opt out.' that you have to go into the WBI. Rather than encourage people to get into protracted arguments, I included this text:

Originally Posted by dontscan.me
You will need to be firm, and often will not be allowed to opt out unless you state in exactly these words "I opt out."
Because I agree that the TSA should not dictate the exact words that have to be used to opt out, I added the following text:
Originally Posted by dontscan.me
While you should be able to opt out using your own terms, such as requesting a pat down instead, or stating that you will not be photographed nude, remember that not all screeners will be respectful of your decision. They may continue to insist until you say "I opt out." In these cases it is up to the individual traveler to determine whether to stand firm or to use the TSA's preferred wording.