FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Removed from US Airways flt last night
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2010, 11:47 am
TiredOfTooMuchTravel
Suspended

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
I'd start with a written complaint to DOT. You were involuntarily denied boarding. They owe you denied boarding compensation. That's for starters.

I'd also contemplate a letter to the attorney general of Arizona and a lawsuit against USAir.

And I'd make this as public as I could.
Not saying that what the OP has said, didnt happen but you have to remember there is only one side of the story here. In any case, before you start saying to go to the DOT, file a lawsuit, go public, etc., etc., why don't you suggest the OP try to actually contact US first. Then if the OP isnt happy with the response, then pursue it further.

Also, denying boarding to somebody for reasons of intoxication, behavior, etc. isnt from my understanding (based on what friends have told me) just a "kick him off the plane and lets go" process. The employees involved have to fill out incident reports, etc after the fact.

This also doesnt seem as if its an IDB situation. Its not as if this person was bumped from the flight, they were removed from the flight for a reason other than overbooking.