FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long does it take to be downgraded from Ambassador status?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 11:01 am
OkieFlyer

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K
How long does it take to be downgraded from Ambassador status?

Sorry if this has been answered, I tried a search that didn't yield any results.

I'm trying to figure out how long it takes do actually be downgraded from Ambassador status if you don't renew. I know it sounds like a strange question, but my travel plans dramatically shifted this year and after being RA for the last few years, I had 2 total stays during my ambassador membership period. My status was set to expire July, 2010. Instead of renewing it, I decided I'd wait and pay the higher fee and sign up again in December because I believe I know I can meet the RA standards next year, but I might need the month of August to get there. Anyway, its now September, and it still shows me as "Platinum Ambassador" with an expiration date of July 2010 and gives me the offer to renew. I've gotten at least two snail mail offers to renew also. I'm sure it will finally go down to just Platinum status by December, but am curious if anyone else has any experience with this.

Thanks for the input in advance.