FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:09 am
thinze3

Programs: MAR TE ... UA PS
Originally Posted by x-gator
I e-mailed customer service to ask for an opportunity to try the "Taste of Platinum" challenge and very quickly received the following:

"Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards.

On behalf of Marriott Rewards Guest Services, please allow me to extend an offer to you to conditionally upgrade your status to the Platinum Elite level. This registration is pending and your account will be upgraded to Platinum Elite status in 24 to 48 hours.

Once 18 paid nights post to your account during the trial dates, your Platinum Elite level will be extended through February 2012. I apologize that bonus Elite nights from other activities or promotions do not count toward this special offer."

Thanks to FT'ers for pointing this out..

X-g

I also started my "Taste of Platinum" week before last. Last week I was given 5-- points as my arrival gift at Grand Ocean resort. We'll see if it really works this weekend at the JW Houston. I noticed that there are several suites still available. Let's see if I get one.

Terry