FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA's airline passenger identification policies
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:22 pm
pmocek

Originally Posted by SATTSO
I stopped reading after this:

" it's relatively clear that your boarding pass is all the documentation that's ever required for domestic flights. It seems that passengers are not required to present documentation of their identities to TSA staff, and that doing so is not a condition of crossing the TSA checkpoint, but rather is an option which allows passengers to cross the checkpoint with a less-thorough search of their belongings and fewer questions."

As it is entirely incorrect.
Please correct me. Saying that a whole paragraph is "entirely incorrect" is not very helpful. What, specifically, do you dispute? The clarity? That a boarding pass is all the documentation required for domestic flights? That passengers are not required to present identity credentials to TSA staff in order to cross the checkpoint? That presenting identity credentials at the checkpoint is optional? That electing to do so allows passengers through the checkpoint with a less-thorough search of their belongings? That electing to do so allows passengers through the checkpoint with fewer questions from TSA? Best I can tell, these are all the case.

If you've explained before, please explain one last time, in this thread, which was created for just such a discussion.