FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Organized resistance to WBI/invasive patdowns
Old Sep 2, 2010, 2:35 pm
IslandBased

Originally Posted by Wimpie
I had a customer in today who is the QA Manager for an FAA repair shop at MIA.

We got to talking about TSA and security in general, and he tells me it's like a prison down there. The mechanics are pissed, having to use several ID devices just to get to lunch and back. They are randomly searched by TSA and generally harassed. He tells me that Miami Police are generally good guys with training and common sense, and nearly all the TSA are A-Holes on a power trip. The mechanics and other workers at MIA all know about the nude-o-scopes and are quite perturbed about them.

His unsolicited comment (him being a naturalized American) is that America is going to S*** and becoming a police state, like where he escaped from (Cuba). I have to agree.

I showed him newhaven's tri-fold flier, and he asked me for some. I sent him and his wife away with about 50 of them, and he promised to distribute them and show them around. I gave him a few suggestions, like bathrooms and tourist literature kiosks, and he said he would duplicate them if he ran out.

I told him that revisions were planned and he asked me to email him with the latest revisions and they become available.

BIG THUMBS UP FOR NEWHAVEN ^

Hooray for the first round! This can't be anything but good!^

Alright, Wimpie! ^^