FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rimowa IATA: Salsa Air vs. Salsa vs. Salsa Deluxe?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:57 pm
AaronKamp

Programs: AS, AA, DL, LAN, SPG
Originally Posted by payam81
Salsa Air is of course noticeable lightest of the group. This is the "original" IATA multiwheel from Rimowa. The light weight is achieved through thinner polycarbonate casing so in essence you must exercise caution in checking this one in. It also has a single telescoping handle which I personally find a bit flimsy. The interior is also a very simple mesh zip-up which I don't particularly care for. All said, the light weight is definitely very appealing and I can at some point find myself complimenting my IATA Limbo trolley (2 wheel) with a IATA Salsa Air multiwheel at some point.
The Salsa Air has the same polycarbonate shell as the other items in the Salsa lineup. The weight delta is achieved in the handle design and interior lining and netting used to separate the compartments. I have the 29" that I use for extended international trips and it's held up quite nicely even though I typically load it with about 30 kg of stuff.

I'm not a big fan of the T shaped handle, and would find it especially irritating on a smaller carry-on where I'm not using the handle to support a garment bag (garment bag handle is what I push).

Last edited by AaronKamp; Sep 2, 2010 at 12:59 pm Reason: Fixed Typo