FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - new “Customer Facility Charge” on HLE rentals?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:43 pm
chemist661
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by ImperialProbeDroid
I noticed this when checking rates at the Hertz website for a few potential rentals from Hertz Local Edition (HLE) locations in Austin.

Customer Facility Charge (CFC). $3.50/day. Excerpt from Hertz website “The Airport requires that all car rental companies collect this fee. The money collected is used to pay for new car rental facilities.” $3.50/day.

Airport Concession Fee Recovery On Flight Arrivals. $1.20/day
I confirmed the CFC with a Hertz reservations associate – but he didn’t see the Airport Concession Fee for Austin area reservations. So it looks like another rental car company stealth rate increase - think “Energy Surcharge.”

For now - Avis isn't charging a CFC or Airport Concession Fee at their Austin area off-airport locations.
I checked the Round Rock Hertz HLE location and they do not charge the extra fees.

I checked one of the downtown Enterprise locations on a weekend special. (Friday-Monday). I checked for a September weekend & it was approx $40 all in. The base rate was $29.97 plus $5.XX, then sales tax for $40.XX all in.

About 8 years ago, I took the bus from the airport to downtown and paid about $34-35 all in for a 3 day weekend special at Enterprise. It would have well over $100 if I rented at the airport. Since I spent 6 yrs in Austin, I knew my way around town.

Bottom line: No CS fee or airport access fee for this downtown Enterprise location.

for Hertz adding the extra fees. Even Anderson Ln that is some distance from the airport charges the fees.