FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TODAY ONLY (8/31/2010) SkyMall - Spend $500 get 25,000 SkyMiles
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:05 pm
Evan!

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by hs1
How do you get extra 5 miles per $ spent?
From the Delta website it says 5 miles per $1 spent.

Originally Posted by bmchris
Spend $500 on stuff I don't need, of questionable quality and value, and get 25K miles I can't really use. Not exactly for me. Too bad the Bose stuff isn't in this promo.
Couldn't agree more. I would not spend $500 on stuff I don't need. There are some items at SkyMall that I have had my eye on for quite some time but never took the plunge. If I can't find a really good haul of merchandise for my $500 I will not let the 25K carrot make me buy junk I don't want or need.

If I were an ebay person I might look at what merchandise I thought I could re-sell on ebay to recoup some of the $500 spent. But I'm not so the value of the merchandise itself will have to sway me to take this offer. I'm still researching and will most likely make a decision late this afternoon.

If one could re-sell the merchandise and spend a net of $250 for 28K miles I would say it's not a bad cpm return. But again that would be a lot of effort with nothing to show for it but miles when all is said and done.